Saturday, September 27, 2008

19 weeks!

Below I've copied my weekly update from baby center. Jon and I both got to feel the little tot move this am. I woke up bright and early at 7am on Saturday morning and as I lay on my back for a bit contemplating if I was going to actually get up or try to fall back asleep I decided to use my fingertips to gently press down right below my belly button. And as I held my fingers in place for a minute I could obviously feel my heartbeat, and every so often and extra bump on my fingers. It was awesome! So of course when Jon woke up he placed his hand there and got to feel the baby move once. It was funny because it's almost like it scares you to feel it and I could definitely tell that's how it felt to Jon because he jerked his hand away very fast and was excited! I don't believe I'm feeling the movement yet spontaneously throughout the day, but I'm sure I will soon! Heading to Lincoln for a long day of Husker tailgating and watching football! Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

Your pregnancy: 19 weeks
See the big picture
How your baby's growing:Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.See what your baby looks like this week.

1 comment:

Ronda said...

It's so exciting! Just wait, one day you'll wake up feeling the baby, and then you will feel it all day long! It's a wonderful feeling!